Georgetown Main Street is hiring a Summer Intern (Part-time)
Georgetown Main Street Summer Intern – Part-time
Reports to: Executive Director, Georgetown Main Street
Duration: 10 weeks
Start Date: As soon as possible/flexible
About Georgetown Main Street
Georgetown Main Street is a 501c3 non-profit organization funded in part by the DC Department of Small and Local Business Development (DSLBD). The mission of GMS is to promote and retain diverse small and local businesses along the Wisconsin Avenue commercial corridor through the Main Street Four-Point approach: organization, promotion, design, and economic vitality.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordinate logistics for large corridor event called Art All Night. Help in managing program activations, sponsorship benefits, volunteers, and other event details.
· Write draft content for “Community Newsletters” and “Small Biz Updates” and other external communications.
· Assist in managing GMS Board and Committees and their projects: Marketing & PR, Events, and Fundraising.
· Update and maintain database of constituent small businesses.
· Assist in coordinating a strategic planning process with consultant.
· Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Must be available to work 8-12 hours a week.
· Qualified candidates must be in undergraduate or graduate programs with knowledge and an interest in nonprofit management, economic or community development, urban planning, and the related fields.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently.
· Capable of working on multiple projects at once and prioritizing tasks.
· Knowledge of Salesforce and/or database management is a plus.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Summer Intern 2021